Bugsnag is the trusted software stability “command center” for over 5,000 engineering teams worldwide, including Airbnb, Slack, Pinterest, Lyft, Yelp, and Pandora. We process over 1 billion crash reports daily from 85,000 applications, and empower our customers to make data-driven decisions on when to focus on building new features and when to fix bugs. Founded in 2013 by James Smith and Simon Maynard, Bugsnag is backed by leading investors Matrix Partners, Benchmark Capital, and GV.
What you’ll get to do:
- Development in wide range of environments using browser, server and mobile frameworks.
- Design, build and document new features and expand the platforms and frameworks that we support.
- Test and update libraries to work with the evolving software ecosystem, such as logging frameworks, analytics SDKs, and other libraries customers may be using with their Bugsnag integration.
- Troubleshoot issues reported by customers via GitHub and support channels, improving documentation based on common patterns.
- Attend software development conferences to keep up with best practices and new technologies; answer customer questions; and receive product feedback.
Your background likely includes:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a software engineer.
- Enthusiastic team participation with strong communication and ability to multitask.
- A systematic approach to problem solving and an eagerness to learn new skills and embrace new technologies.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Expo and React Native.
- Native mobile app development on Android or iOS.
- Experience with error monitoring or crash detection libraries.
- History of open source contributions or SDK/API maintenance.