We are actively looking for a new Software Engineer (m/f/d) to join our Reach team as soon as possible. Within the “Reach team”, you will be responsible for the usability and user experience of “Reach”, our latest product offering. “Reach” is a marketplace, where providers and resellers of tours & activities connect and manage their shared bookings. Your work will have tremendous influence over the direction and success of our latest product.
IN A NUTSHELL
- Level - ★★★★☆
- Your future gear - Mac or Windows laptop (private use allowed)
- Remote option - Work from wherever you are, while enjoying quarterly team events with all bookingkids in Berlin
- Perks - Flexible work time, pet friendly office, breakfast, snacks & fruits 24/7, Company BBQs, Team events, Sport leagues, relocation support… read more
MORE ABOUT YOUR DAY-TO-DAY
- As a Software Engineer you are reporting directly to our Head of Product.
- You are part of the Engineering team at bookingkit and will be working closely together with product managers and product designers to conceptualize and build innovative and scalable software for our customers.
- You will build beautiful, usable and high performing user interfaces in VueJS and other frontend technologies
- Based on your experience, your knowledge in PHP (Laravel and Yii), Golang and DevOps processes will come in handy.
- bookingkit is building the leading infrastructure for tours & activities in Europe. Thus, at our core we are a B2B2C company, driven by SaaS and APIs. You will have the chance to set the foundation for all of our innovations.
- Our API partners include connections to top-tier providers such as Google, GetYourGuide and TripAdvisor. Due to our market position we have the possibility to set and influence industry standards and are actively engaged in committees steering this development.
- We are in the unique position to be the market leader for infrastructure technology and now need to develop our platform in that direction as well.
- Your role is to be part of us building an innovative SaaS solution in the tours & activities market, as well as supporting the change from a mostly monolithic PHP driven structure to a (micro-)service driven structure using state of the art technology, like Golang.
- In order to succeed on that mission we are recruiting top tier engineers to support us on our path.
- Build and launch scalable, production-ready software.
- Collaborate with product managers, product designers and QA engineers during product exploration to give context on feasibility.
- Contribute to the product, software architecture, infrastructure, tech stack, as well as the user experience.
- Share your knowledge and experience with other engineers.
MUST-HAVES, SHORT & TO THE POINT
- Working experience of at least 4 years.
- You have worked with PHP and frameworks like Laravel or Yii, RESTful APIs and have a sound understanding of MySQL.
- You strive for high code quality, are no stranger to design patterns and love to write automated tests.
- You are fluent in English and communicate with internal stakeholders on a high level.
- Experience with Golang would definitely be a plus.
- Knowledge of AWS/DevOps technologies would also be beneficial.