We are looking for a mid-level Ruby on Rails backend or full-stack developer. Someone who can quickly grasp different types of projects, who can communicate well with team mates, face to face and remotely, is productive, reliable and pragmatic.
These roles are full-time roles, based either in Bristol or remotely within a 2-hour timezone of the UK.
- Write clean, tested, maintainable and efficient Ruby code
- Work with a full-stack development team to build a combined web/mobile app based on Ruby
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, refactoring and code standards)
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Ruby on Rails
- HTML5, CSS3 and responsive design
- CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap
- RSpec testing & continuous integration tools
- Cloud computing platforms such as AWS
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis
- Git, Github and Git flow
Salary and benefits:
- flexible working – core working hours are 9 am to 5.30 pm
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays
- pension scheme
- life insurance
- learning and personal development opportunities
- 7% company’s profit redistribution scheme after your first year.